Terms & Conditions – checkout page
- A guaranteed attendance for all functions shall remain equivalent to the minimum guaranteed persons as booked. In case you anticipate an increase in the expected attendance, we must receive the updated minimum guarantee at least 5 working days prior to the event.
- Charges for the event will apply to the guaranteed (as per booking) or actual number of people attending, whichever is higher. The hotel reserves the right to revise the venue/rates if the number of attendees’ changes.
- Should the number of persons exceed beyond the guaranteed number on the day of the event, the hotel would be unable to ensure consistency in the quality of food and services.
- The venue(s) designated for your event(s) carries a minimum and a maximum attendance number.
- If your final guaranteed number is lower or higher than the agreed numbers, the Hotel reserves the right to transfer your event(s) to another venue and/or charge additional rental fee.
MINIMUM SPEND / VENUE RENTAL
- Minimum spend will be required on F&B for reserving the venue.
- If less than the quoted minimum guaranteed revenue is spent; the difference will be charged as venue rental.
- Additional venue rental will be applicable in case event(s) venue(s) required to be blocked for setup during the day/evening or one day prior to event(s).
The Hotel reserves the right to revise any charges for venue set-up with extraordinary requirements. A labor charge of AED 1,000/- net would be applicable for any extensive last-minute changes.
EVENT SIGNAGE / PUBLIC DISPLAY MEDIUMS
- The Hotel refrains from any signage, banners or other promotional materials to be placed in the lobby area. All brandings requirements in public areas should be approved by the hotel management.
- Public display mediums such as posters, event standees, banners, easels stand, etc. are not permitted in any public area.
- The Hotel reserves the right to allow any public display mediums on a case to case basis.
Valet Parking will be offered on complimentary basis for guests attending the event. The parking ticket is to be stamped by the hotel staff or event organizer.
As per Dubai Economy and Tourism of the Government of Dubai, all event(s) should be registered in their database. We therefore require colour scanned copy of your passport and a passport-size picture attached with a letter from the client addressed to The Hotel with all event(s) details (i.e. Date of event(s), name of the hotel, name of the venue(s), nature of event(s), number of attendees, entertainment and alcoholic beverage requirement, etc.) to be sent to The Hotel at least seven (7) working days prior to your event(s) date.
DET – ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT APPROVAL
Any corporate or private (commercial or non-commercial) events i.e. Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinners, Corporate or Launching events, etc. require a mandatory DET (Dubai Economy and Tourism) entertainment permission to be obtained directly by a DET registered event management company on behalf of the event organizer/client prior to the event date.
As per Department of Dubai Economy and Tourism (DET) of the Government of Dubai, all meeting/ event(s) should be registered in their database
Speakers (if any) – DET Licensing Permit would be required (MANDATORY)
Registration /Exchanging of Data Base at any type (if any) – DET Licensing Permit would be required (MANDATORY)
Ticketing /Paid Events/Bar Codes/Badges distribution – DET Licensing Permit would be required (MANDATORY)
Any kind of entertainment: DJ, dancers, Band, Magician, Violinist – DET Licensing Permit would be required (MANDATORY)
If any of the above mentioned is applicable to your event, permission to be obtained directly by a DET registered event management company on behalf of the event organizer/client prior to the event date.
EVENTS ALCOHOL PERMIT (CID)
Effective February 2023, any corporate or private (commercial or non-commercial) events which include the service of alcohol require a mandatory CID Alcohol Permit. The CID Alcohol Permit will be applied by the Hotel on behalf of the event organizer / client prior to the event, provided the client pays the CID Alcohol Permit Fees and submits the required documents no later than 14 working days prior to the event date.
SUMMARY OF FEES
|CID Alcohol Permit Fees
|AED 1,250 per event and per day
|Valid Emirates ID Copy
|DET Permit (as per event / entertainment type)
The Hotel’s obligation to secure CID Alcohol Permit to serve alcohol for the event is conditional upon the United Arab Emirates CID and DET regulatory requirements and laws then prevailing, submission of required documentation and payment of CID Permit Fees no later than 14 working days prior to the event date, the receipt from event organiser and/or client of all required documentation in a form satisfactory to CID and DET, and the cooperation of the event organiser and/or client generally. The Hotel shall not be liable towards the event organiser and/or client, if CID and/or DET should refuse to give the CID Alcohol Permit at any time and for any reason whatsoever, or to revoke the same.
USE OF MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHY
Should you hire professionals to promote or photograph your event, please note we would require a colour scanned copy of their passport and a passport-size picture, Company trade licence to be sent to The Hotel at least fourteen (14) working days prior to your event(s) date.
Should you be conscious of any corporate/event companies that have a direct conflict of interest relating to your business opportunities, please advise us of their names prior to the event. In case any of the companies are using the meeting facilities over the same dates as your event, we shall inform you accordingly. We do not guarantee displacement of either party or re-allocation of meeting rooms and these will be offered entirely subject to availability.
All reservations for private event(s) are made upon and subject to the rules and regulations of the hotel and the following conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Food & Beverage Policy
- The menu and all other details of your event(s) are to be finalized upon confirmation of on-line booking) and are subject to the terms and conditions described herein.
- No changes to the menu may be made by the client within Five (5) working days prior to the event(s).
Service Charge & Government Tax
- All quoted prices are inclusive of 10% Service Charge, unless otherwise indicated.
- Municipality fee & Service charge are liable to change by the Government of Dubai without any prior notice. The Hotel reserves the right to revise Municipality fee & Service charges accordingly.
- Any amount referred to in this agreement is on a VAT inclusive basis, unless indicated otherwise.
- To the extent that the supply under the Contract is subject to VAT, The Hotel is entitled to increase the amount under the contract by an amount equal to the VAT exclusive consideration multiplied by the rate of VAT applicable to that supply.
- Where relevant, The Hotel will issue a valid Tax Invoice, or such other document as required by the relevant VAT law.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY
- Your advanced deposit will not be refunded in the case you cancel your event(s) with The Hotel. In addition, the cancellation fee may be charged to you and payable upon demand in the event of cancellation of all or part of your program after acceptance of this booking by The Hotel.
- In the event of cancellation after confirmation, 100% cancellation fee will be applicable. Any deposits paid are included in the overall cancellation penalty.
- If the Patron cancels the entire event(s) after confirmation, The Hotel shall have suffered damages equivalent to the profits that the Hotel would have earned from the sale of food and beverages etc. relating to the event(s). The parties acknowledge that it is difficult to quantify such damages and have agreed that the Hotel shall assess a cancellation fee, (the “Cancellation Fee”) against the Patron as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. The parties agree that the Cancellation Fee will be based on the date written notice of cancellation is received by the Hotel, and calculated as a percentage of Anticipated Revenue in accordance with the following scale:
|Number of Days Prior Event(s) Date
|Liquidated Damages, Expressed as a Percentage of Estimated F&B Revenue
|100% of total contracted charges
|75% of total contracted charges
|50% of total contracted charges
|60 days or above
|Advance deposit will not be refunded
Notice of any cancellations must be received by the Hotel in writing. In the case of cancellation, the Cancellation Fee is payable within fourteen (14) working days of being invoiced by The Hotel after which time the Cancellation Fee will bear interest at the rate of 4% per month until paid, unless this rate exceeds the maximum rate permitted by applicable laws, in which event the maximum legal rate shall apply. Deposits paid by the Patron will be applied against the cancellation fee owing.
In case of No-Show of the event(s), 100% of the total contracted charges of your event(s) will be applied.
- The client/ company shall be responsible for the orderly conduct of the event(s) and shall ensure that nothing shall be done which will constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance.
- Please note that The Hotel assumes no responsibility for personal items, which are damaged or lost prior to, during or following an event(s). Personal insurance coverage for valuables should be arranged by the client/ contractors.
- Should a contractor be engaged by the client to construct stage, sound or lighting facilities, the contractor must pay a refundable deposit of AED 10,000 at least 72 hours prior to the event. The paid deposit will be returned after the event(s), once it has been ascertained that no damage has been occurred. Any material brought into our meeting facilities must be fire proof or sprayed with an approved fire retardant, and a certificate stating the same must be furnished 72 hours prior to work commencing to the hotel by the manufacturer or a licensed company.
- The Hotel reserves the right to approve all signage and decorations within its events & banquet areas. All signs/decoration must be professionally printed/ arranged and
must match the existing décor and colour scheme. Signs are not permitted on the guest room levels, elevators, main lobby area of The Hotel or on the exterior of the building. All branding requirements in public areas must be approved by the hotel management. However, our associates will be guiding the guests from the main entrance to the event.
- All displays exhibit and decorations must conform to The Hotel policy and should be free standing without attachment to walls, ceilings, or floors.
- All displays exhibit and decorations must conform to The Dubai Fire Ordinance Rules.
- All displays, exhibits, decorations, equipment and performers must enter and exit The Hotel through the receiving entrance. Delivery and pick up times must be coordinated with The Hotel in advance from 09:00hrs to 16:00hrs.
- No doors to be blocked at any time by set up arrangements unless prior confirmation in written based on a clear floor plan are obtained from The Hotel.
- Any expense incurred to The Hotel and/ or Hotel employees caused by any guests hired by the client/ company shall be the responsibility of the client/ company. Client/ company hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Hotel all claims and actions asserted against The Hotel arising out of the client’s/ company’s use of The Hotel’s facilities.
- No food or beverage of any kind can be brought into The Hotel by the client without the written permission of The Hotel and are subject to such service and/ or labour charges as are deemed necessary by the hotel.
RIGHT TO INSPECT AND NOT LIABLE FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY
The Hotel reserves the right to inspect and control all private event(s). The Hotel does not assume liability for any personal property and equipment (“Property”) of Patron or the Patron’s guests, invitees or third-party providers brought to the Hotel and any property brought onto the premises shall be at the sole risk and responsibility of the Patron.
The parties’ performance under this agreement is subject to acts of God, war, government regulations or action, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or any other emergency beyond a party’s reasonable control, making it illegal or impossible for either party to perform its obligations under this agreement. Either party may terminate this agreement for anyone or more of such reasons upon written notice to the party within three (3) working days of such occurrence or receipt of notice of any of the above occurrences.
SECURITY & SAFETY REGULATIONS
- To ensure the safety of our guests, The Hotel requests the client/ company and any outside contractors hired by the client/ company to adhere to Hotel Rules & Regulations, that the obstruction of any fire escapes inside the event venue by seating, stages, equipment and set-up, etc., are not permitted under any circumstances.
- In addition, the client/ company must inform The Hotel of any use of inflammable materials in the venue (and the quantity) in advance and such as inflammable materials could be used only with the permission granted by The Hotel’s Management.
You agree to neither disturb the normal operation of this site nor infringe the integrity of this site by hacking, altering the information contained in this Site, prevent or limit access to this Site to other users, or otherwise. You further agree and undertake not to attempt to do any system penetration, including but not limited to, damage, use the services and/or third party services or deny service to, hack, crack, attack, gain access to, read, alter, or modify configuration or firmware, penetrate, breach, circumvent, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity, reverse–engineer, or otherwise interfere (collectively, “Interfere”) with the system or network of the hotel and Emaar Group companies including but not limited to, the user authentication or security of the host, website, network, server, personal computer, equipment, network access and control devices, security measures, software or data (collectively, “Site”) in any manner whatsoever. If you in any way Interfere with the Site, you agree to pay all and any damages, claims, losses, costs and expenses incurred by the hotel, Emaar Group companies and its affiliates, clients, licensors and providers of any third party services, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns.
The hotel reserves the right to deny any or all access or service to any user for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion. You agree that we may block your IP address or addresses at any time, and at our sole discretion to disallow your continued use of the Site. We reserve the right to take any action we may deem appropriate in our sole discretion with respect to violations or enforcement of the terms of this Agreement, and we expressly reserve all rights and remedies available to us at law or in equity.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Arab Emirates.
This Agreement contains all of the understandings between the parties and may only be modified in writing signed by both parties.
This Agreement and any attached Appendices constitute the entire Agreement between the Patron and The Hotel.
In the event that one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
If this agreement is signed in the name of a corporation, partnership, association, club or society, the person signing represents and warrants to The Hotel that he/ she has full authority to sign such agreement, and in the event he/ she is not so authorised, that he/ she will be personally liable for the faithful performance of this agreement.